Followers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

More Is Better


I'm weeks away from going on Hamblec'a. (Vision Quest) There are alot of medicines needed for this important 4 day ceremony. Sage is a key element. Now my Fireman, Roberto, sent me 18 pounds of White Sage from California, that I have tied into smudge sticks and dried. This is Spear Sage from my neck of the woods that we use at Inipi Ceremony, Sun Dance, and Hamblec'a.

A good friend, Jenny, has donated this sage for my Hamblec'a, and I am sure I will be gifting it to others who may not have access to it.

I have layed it out here to dry in the sun. Soon, I will be praying on a hill in South Dakota under a bed of this sage. In our spiritual belief, sage keeps the "Bad Spirits" away. They cannot stand the stuff. This allows the one crying for the vision to be surrounded by the Spirits that will give them their vision, and not harm them.

Hamblec'a is the perlude to Sun Dance, and in August this healing ceremony will begin. I hope to be there in whatever capacity thet the Spirits deem necessary. Be it as a supporter, or the grand privilage of dancing The Sun Dance.

Mitakuye Oyasin! Aho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brodda! No sweat! I just
got your message. We're bro's no matter what! I feel blessed that our paths crossed.

Catch ya on the next wave!

H/P